Good day friends 🙂
As I was praying and thinking about this resting devotional, I felt God gave me a picture for us. It was of us spending time with Him. As we were, He came, poured out His Spirit and gave us each a gift. This gift was unique and specific to each of our needs. Whether it was peace, hope, encouragement, rest, love, purpose, confirmation, etc. He placed it down from Heaven into our opens hands. I was reminded of creation and how He sustains all things, by His hand and breath.
“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”– Matthew 6:26
We are a part of His creation, that He sustains, loves, provides and cares for. He knows what we need, and He wants to provide it for us. We need to be in a posture to hear and receive this from Him.
Today, let us posture ourselves to rest in Him and receive from Him.
- Go find a quiet place to be with God. Close the door behind you, put away any distractions.
- Reread the verse above. Thank God that He provides for us and sustains our life.
- Be still and ask God what He wants to give to you today, open your hands in front of you, symbolizing your openness to receive from Him. (hope, encouragement, rest, a promise, etc.) Write down what He shows you.
- Take a few minutes to breathe deeply and think about what He wants to give you, receive it and thank Him for it.
- Ask Him what this looks like in your life. Journal anything He shows you.
- Finish your time by praising God and/or listening to this worship song.