Hey guys! We have shared some devotionals about rest and the value of taking time to connect with God and step aside from the distractions/busyness of life – today I wanted us to take some time to do this again 🙂
It is so important to regularly spend time being quiet with God and fixing our eyes on the Lord. Here is an exercise I enjoy doing in my quiet times with God, I pray you feel calm, peaceful, thankful, and attached to Jesus during your time with Him today.
First, put away anything that may distract you (phone, music, devices, etc.). Next, spend some time reading these verses, reading truth can help you focus on God, see His goodness, and calm your mind. Don’t rush through this exercise, take your time and allow yourself to feel at rest and peace with Jesus!
Scripture: John 15:1-11, Isaiah 55:1-3, Psalm 92:12-14, Galatians 5:16-26
- Practice quieting yourself by putting on soft worship/instrumental music. For a few minutes focus on breathing deeply and relaxing your body and mind (try not to fall asleep 😉).
- Practice being thankful by thanking God for something in nature you enjoy (sunset, sunrise, rain, trees, animals, etc.). Think about how it makes you feel.
- Ask God to show you where He is in relation to you (sitting with you, listening to you, etc.). Thank Him for His Presence.
- Ask Jesus to show you what He sees when He looks at you. What is He proud of you for? What does He love about you? Write down any thoughts, pictures, and words that come to you mind.
- Write down how it feels to know Jesus is with you right now, including bodily sensations (ie. warm, cold, energized, relaxed, peaceful, tense, tired, etc.) and emotions (ie. happy, free, joy, together, calm, peaceful, etc.).
- Write a short prayer of thanks to Jesus.
– Britt Andres