What kind of groups can I join or create at Anchor Point?
Short answer? Sky’s the limit. We appreciate the different ways people connect. For some it’s an ongoing Bible study, for some it’s a one off or weekly activity like fishing or painting, for some it’s community outreach and serving/volunteering, for others it’s having trusted sounding boards for accountability or to bounce the situations of life off of and pray. For many it can be a place to turn pain into purpose. Less like programs or dedicated ministries of church past and more about the common link of being known, connected, and loved in a community of like-minded believers who can care for and spur each other on.
We encourage people to seek God’s guidance and ask Him/themself these questions when thinking of starting or joining a group: “Has God put people in my life to share His love with?” and “What is he asking of me?” and “What is the motive behind wanting to start this?”. Whether it’s God putting something on your heart to start, or you want to join a group already in existence, email email@example.com and we’ll help you connect
Visit our AP Groups Page to learn what groups you can join today.
What does Anchor Point offer in terms of facilitating groups/connection?
We love our AP family and want to provide various ways to help establish and empower connection and growth. Although we’ll host church-wide events and initiatives throughout the year, we place high value on empowering and facilitating AP groups because we’ve seen the significant growth and healing that has occurred in this way.
Anchor Point provides those wanting to start an AP group:
- Spiritual guidance and prayer from our leadership team before your group or gathering is created
- The opportunity to grow deeper in the Lord and learn core attributes of leading/facilitating discipleship through our free Journey 1 & Journey 2 groups
- 2-3 dedicated facilitator/leadership equipping/training days a year
- A dedicated spot on our website/app to show a quick video and have description of the group or gathering, connection and sign-up details
- Access to our new AP Learn Portal (online video portal) that will host teaching videos on various topics that can be utilized for learning and discussion for any group
- A year-round dedicated staff person (Community Life Pastor) to assist/answer any questions you have along the way
To learn about how to start an AP group or to get connected, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.